I am working with my mind and subconsciousness since about 15-20 years.
The more I progress with this, the more hardcore experiences follow.
But there's also more space and joy in my mind, that make me go through these hardcore experiences easier.
What would happen if I went to Sensory Deprivation Tank?
No sensory stimuli from outside, empty mind, so subconsciousness would 'float up' to my consciousness.
I think I would have to stand face-to-face with all of these repressed, shadow traits (research Jungian Shadow idea, if You want or need), with nowhere to run from these... could be very scary, seriously maddening experience. With other subconsciousness parts being worked with regularly in my daily practices, what would be left? Shadow, repressed parts of my self. And I would have to face it.
I think that buddhists and those who work with mind and subconsciousness for years on daily basis, would face more challenge in sensory deprivation tank than those who do not work with mind and subconsciousness. Because easy things are handled already in daily practices, and tough topics are what's left.
So, I think that I should not go to Sensory Deprivation Tank without serious preparations, if at all.
I think I would have to prepare by meditating for a week or so, before I went to Tank, and would have to prepare before I could meditate too... To avoid sudden, drastic changes in my mind, which could lead me to state of madness.
As for shadow... I wish to defeat it, to defeat traits like laziness (with regard to keeping daily hygiene, and other forms of laziness), overeating, spendthrift, some fears etc... then to accept and integrate with rest of what's left of my Shadow, with small things that do not matter much.
Could use help of other buddhists in my fight against my Shadow, please meditate for me if You can.
No comments:
Post a Comment