'Mandala (Tib. Khyilkhor): (1) The powerfield of a buddha, which emerges out of the countless possibilities of space, or the depiction of the powerfield. In broader sense, the powerfield of a person or a group. (2) A mentally-composed universe filled with the precious things that one offers to the buddhas when doing the Mandala Offerings meditation...'
-- Quoted from 'Buddha & Love' by Lama Ole Nydahl.
i wish to learn & understand what is Mandala, for benefit of all beings.
Following questions come to Mind:
- Does Mandala surround both beings & phenomena? if yes, than also how? (beings do have Mind, phenomena do not have Mind),
- What is Power of a being or group of beings? is it energy that surrounds beings? is it interrelations between phenomena? is it more or something else?,
- How Mandala relates with Mind?,
- Can Mandala affect material world, including beings & phenomena of material world? How?,
- What is Power of Buddha?,
... i have clues to answers, but do not understand them fully yet.
... these questions i ask - not only for myself.