While Buddha advises against use of intoxicants, let's look beyond appearances, political correctness & hypocrisy.
Using Cigarettes can mean 'better conduct & impressions' in certain circles that need help or support.
Smoking Cigarettes might be Meaningful & Spiritual, as an opening for help in circles that need support.
That's why i am smoking & offering it as a Dana gift in Guru Yoga, otherwise it would be an impropriate gift.
i plan to ditch intoxicants when i'll be creating family, anyway - it's too harmful for kids.
- Click on Image to enlarge, if You wish. -
Computer Games are addicting as well.
i reached depression & mental illness in this life by playing too much in a wrong way.
There were a certain causes, i escaped real life into a computer game world because of:
- Too restrictive, demanding, loud & dogmatic catholic family,
- Children of my age that insulted, slandered, attacked me for tens of years, wherever i went - with rare exceptions,
- Human stupidity & carelessness, as well as too many of stiff ideas - including my own,
- Overworking & Stress - i started to earn for University course without preparation.
Not all of the Catholic Church experiences were so bad, there were exceptions, however:
- Warsaw University,
- Martial Arts Clubs & Schools (BKKK - Bielański Klub Karate Kyokushinkai & other),
- To a limited degree also a XPro sp.z.o.o. - an IT Company that i worked in,
- Rare individuals (Małgorzata Męczyńska - an Artist who played roleplaying games, Agnieszka Jastrzębska - a friend from BKKK, perhaps more),
Probably, however - the deeper causes of addiction & illness happening in this life reach former lives as well, because of my Karma.
it's my fault, afterall.
i still play Computer Games however, to help kids & others - not all of the time i do enjoy, as well.
i am trying to develop ways of helping addicted computer game players that way & redirect them to more Meaningful, Spiritual Ways - among other things.
> One of results: [ http://cheajournal.blogspot.com/ ].
i have heard from a Buddhist Teacher in the Stupa House Buddhist Center that on the Diamond Way every life experience is transformed into a step toward Enlightenment, afterall.
On other Buddhist Ways as well - i hope - there are also other Ways, not only Diamond Way.
OM MANI PEME HUNG
Namaste, blessed be.