Wednesday 1 August 2018

Preparing for Phowa.

Not many - if any - know for sure when one dies.

i wish to prepare for that moment, by preparing for Phowa, the Conscious Dying Meditation.

i doubt i will have a chance in this life for attending the Phowa Course, so i'll just prepare and hope that if something disastrous occurs, others will do Phowa for me.

i'll try to repeat 1000 malas of 108 mantra repetitions - of Limitless Light Buddha Mantra: OM AMI DEWA HRIH.

i'll also try to repeat the Buddha Diamond Mind's Mantra, 100-syllable mantra, 1080 malas of 108 mantras - taken from 'Ngöndro' book by Lama Ole Nydahl, translated to polish language.

... so far it seems i will skip the prostrations part, and won't complete with other two practices that follow - Mandala Offering & Meditation on Lama, because my insights tell me i cannot do Ngöndro in this life.

If my mind state changes that way, then perhaps i'll do Ngöndro anyway, but for now my mind opposes that. But perhaps this mental block is just an ego trick, and sooner or later will be overcome.

Please do Phowa for me, after i die - if You can.

No comments:

Post a Comment