Friday 15 February 2019

Spiritual Approach to one's Work.

About.

It is Lama Ole Nydahl's message to practice Buddhism in all of one's life's activities.

Professional work is not exception.

... after months and years chasing job offers, i've just started work as a security guard on hospital construction site.

... i try to identify with Mahakala, to guard Purity of Lessons and to guard people's safety.

... helping to build hospital adds meaning to that - as hospitals are places where lives are protected, i think.

... then - just after i started working - i've noticed HH Buddha Karmapa's 17th message.





This lesson of Vigilance also makes me see this job even more in a meaningful, spiritual way.

Guards have to be vigilant, alert - during days and nights - anyway. That's what we are paid for.

My advanced Buddhist friend - Hanna Łubek - said once to me: 'Must be vigilant as the dragonfly', she said it to me - in Buddhist Center.

... i wish to practice Vigilance with my work, with my whole life as well.

... i do not know how to start, so i'll speak wisdom mantras - so in my mind arises Wisdom.


See also, if You wish: Work Choice & Buddhism.


Mantras.

OM MANI PEME HUNG
OM A RA PA CA NA DHIH
OM MAHAKALAYE SOHA

KARMAPA CHENNO

No comments:

Post a Comment