Monday 19 June 2017

Helping Parents.

About.

i read it's a Buddhist attitude to be grateful to parents for giving us life & caring for.

most of parents care as much as they are able to, with rare exceptions.

i think in rare cases it's very difficult to help parents while retaining mental health, otherwise one should be helping them.

i think it's a sign of a great person who cares for his or her parents.


My situation.

in Poland, or at least in circles i was in, caring for parents was seen as a disgrace among youth.

we were taught to grow independent, to quickly find professional job.

when i had severe depression & wasn't able to work, my friend Nerialka told me that it's nice of me that i help my mother.

... this was inspiring, i wish to share that attitude with others, to respect those who care for their parents even if they are not working for money on their own.

i am in difficult situation in this regard, my mother was caring for me too much, and had too strong opinions - and since about a year - is no longer alive. Had insights she reincarnated as an Catholic Angel.

my father is mentally ill, i have bad memories about him from my youth - now helping him too much has bad effect on my sanity. i can't help myself & him very much after a while, being in a miserable situation myself. i have no psychological surplus when i am with him.

i've enlisted myself for a course and should be working as a psychotherapist assistant since january 2018, instead; this might sound strange, but i was able to help others where i failed my parents - for i have no bad memories, no attachment, no aversion for most of people.

... but caring for parents is also a work ... and in my opinion - people who do that, certainly deserve my deepest respect.


Wishes.

May all beings have happines and causes of happiness,

May they be free from suffering and the cause of suffering,

May they always experience true happiness, which is totally free from suffering,

May they remain in the great equanimity, which is beyond attachment and aversion.


Mantras.

OM MAHAKALAYE SOHA
OM A RA PA CA NA DHIH
OM MANI PEME HUNG

OM AMI DEWA HRI
OM KALACHAKRA SOHA

OM AH HUNG BENZA GURU PEMA SIDDHI HUNG

KARMAPA CHENNO

Namaste, blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment